Canvas Tattoo

Canvas Tattoo

When choosing a new tattoo I would like to propose that you think twice about getting the new piece on your back. Why not a back tattoo? Well there is a difference between a back tattoo, and a tattoo on your back. If you are thinking of getting more tattoos at a later date, you want to save your back since it is the only flat canvas your body provides.

Any tattoo that you get on your upper shoulders or even a tramp stamp will greatly limit any potential back tattoo. Full back tattoos usually run from the shoulders all the way down the back to below the ass cheeks, creating a stunning first impression and since it is a flat canvas the viewer is instantly drawn into the design.

Canvas Tattoo

Full back tattoos do however take a lot of time and dedication. Expect to sit anywhere from 20-100 hours depending on the intricacies of the selected tattoo design. Black and grey pieces will of course take much less time then a full colorback tattoo, but to each his own.

Canvas Tattoo

There is always a chance that your existing tattoo might be able to be worked into a full back piece or even covered up. Certain things are not easy to work around like tribal designs, which may require you to get some laser work done before starting a full back piece.

I myself have made the mistake of getting a tattoo on my back before taking the time to think about what I really wanted there. I still haven’t decided on a back piece design but I can assure you once I do, my existingback tattoo will be covered so I can use the entire canvas.